Before I list out the 5 reasons of why you should be strong, I have two disclaimers…
First Disclaimer: “Being strong” is relative. I can deadlift over 400lbs. That may sound like a lot to some people and like a warm-up to other people. It doesn’t matter. Being strong is relative, the key is the path to getting stronger not the destination.
Second Disclaimer: It doesn’t matter how you choose to get stronger. You can use bodyweight, kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, sandbags, machines, etc. What matters is the effort you make along the way.
- Strength gives you confidence.
- Strength is practical to real life.
- Strength will help improve your body composition.
- Strength helps you stay injury free.
- The discipline it takes to get stronger carries over to other parts of life. (The most important aspect of all.)
Make it a goal to get stronger. It will not only benefit you physically, but mentally and spiritually as well.